Monday, July 29, 2013

Coming Home Soon!

I am finally about to achieve my dream! I have wanted one for so long and now it is almost mine! I am getting a corgi! I have to wait for her to turn 6 weeks old and she is 4 weeks now. The wait seems to be taking forever even though I know the time will just fly by.

Nesting has begun as well. Last night I bought a collar. I have been making a list of things I need to get for her to feel welcome upon her arrival. I am so excited!!! Corgis are so cute with their little stubby legs!

My only concern is my shih-tzu, Nicky. He has been king of the house for about 3 years now. We got him when he was a puppy, as a birthday present to me from my brother, Steven. Unfortunately for me, he quickly became my mom's dog. I would go to school or work and she would spend all day at home with him. He grew to love her more than anyone in the house which is fine. After my parents divorced I believe Nicky was a great comfort to her so I'm ok with him choosing her over me.

However, Nicky does not like sharing his space. He can handle our big dog, Buster, occasionally coming in (until Mom starts loving on him more than Nicky). But Buster is normally outside so Nicky doesn't worry about him. Allen likes to bring Ringo over sometimes because they live in a small apartment and Ringo has a lot of energy. So we will let him come over and run around the backyard, plus Buster loves to play with him and he doesn't do that much now that he's older. When Ringo comes inside Nicky will tolerate it but he doesn't particularly like it. Again, he's fine until Ringo gets attention from Mom or plays with Nicky's toys.

Hopefully it goes well with my corgi. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment